Activities in Kerry
The Kingdom of Kerry is a Mecca for outdoor activities; therefore the Adventure Kerry tour has been designed so that you can see the beauty of the county while been involved in many different outdoor activities.
- Mountain biking the Gap of Dunloe
- Climbing Ireland’s highest mountain Carrauntoohil (3414ft/ 1039m)
- Killarney National Park – Lakes, Oak Woods, Mountains, Muckross Abbey and house Visit killarneynationalpark.ie
- Canoe trip on Caragh Lake
- The Skellig Islands and its 6th Century Monastic site
- Horse riding on beaches on Dingle Bay
- Travelling the Ring of Kerry. Rock-climbing and Abseiling/rappelling
- Local cookery school www.justcooking.ie
- Noel O'Leary,Irish Adventures ,Dingle, Co. Kerry, Ireland 00353-87-4190318 Adventure Kerry; Multi-Activity tour based in County Kerry
- Muckross House , Gardens and Traditional Farms. Visit muckross-house.ie
- Coolwood Wildlife Park- It is a 50 acre complex, with a 10 acres Wildlife Park and 40 acres of Wildlife Sanctuary. A lovely Playground and Coffee shop make it a perfect location for family outings. Visit coolwoodwildlifepark.com
- Millstreet Country Park Visit millstreetcountrypark.com
- Kennedy's Farm, Killarney Visit kennedyspetfarm.com
- Crag Cave- The Crazy Cave Activity Centre is Co. Kerry’s number 1 house of fun. Located in the world famous Crag Cave Visitor Centre, Crazy Cave covers 2 floors and has a wide range of fun filled areas. An all weather location Crazy Cave is ideal for children up to 12 years of age and is fun and healthy! Visit cragcave.com
- O' Sullivans bike shop-A wide range of bicycles for hire to suit all tastes whether for a day or a week-long excursion around Kerry. Visit osullivanscycles.com
- Blennerville Windmill-Visit Ireland's only working windmill which houses a museum, coffee shop, craft centre and interactive displays.
- The Aquadome-The Aqua Dome is one of Irelands Largest Indoor Waterworlds & Premier Tourist Attractions. The Aqua Dome offers tropical temperatures all year round and is a Great Day Out for all the family whatever the weather! Outside, try the mini golf. Visit aquadome.ie
- Siamsa Tire – This is Tralee's folk theatre where you can experience traditional Irish music and dance. Visit siamsatire.com
- Experience the journey of a lifetime with a unique everlasting memory of Ireland as we take you to the edge of Europe to discover this island’s unique adventurous landscapes, vibrant culture and ecological wonders. moractivetours.com
- Fenit Seaworld -Sea World on Fenit pier offers a glimpse of life in the ocean which lies just beyond the bay. Fenit Sea World Opening Times: March to October - Just 7 miles from Tralee, Call (066) 7136544
- Mountain Climbing - Choose from Carrauntoohil, Ireland’s highest summit at 1039m or have other peaks or routes in mind, they will guide and assist you in achieving your goal. kerryclimbing.ie
- Fishing- Fenit pier and harbour offer excellent sea fishing and sailing
Activities for Dingle
- Half day options
- Sea kayaking with Fungi & sea caves
- Horse Riding
- Mountain biking Conor Pass
- Cycling Ventry & Slea Head
- Rock climbing and Abseiling/ Rapelling Sea cliffs
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Guided walk on section of the Dingle way
- Full day options
- Boat trip to Blasket Islands
- Climb Mt Brandon, Highest Mountain on Dingle peninsula 952m/ 3000Ft.
- Climb Carrauntoohil, Ireland’s highest mountain 3414ft/ 1039m.
- Sea kayak full day options
- Cycle Slea Head circuit
- Walk full day of Dingle way.
- Guided walks- Local guide with expert knowledge and a choice of guided walks available. Walks take place every Friday, Saturday and Monday. Visit dinglewalks.com
Kerry Golf Clubs
- Ballybunion – ballybuniongolfclub.ie
- Dooks- dooks.com
- Killarney Golf and Fishing Club killarney-golf.com
- Tralee - traleegolfclub.com
- Waterville – watervillegolfclub.ie
We believe that outdoor education is a life skill that everybody should have. It not only educates, but gives confidence and energy to every participant. We also believe that learning in an outdoor environment should be fun and exciting for students. And we feel that by combining with the IYHA (An Óige) and Dartfield, our programmes at Knockree, Glendalough, Killarney, Dublin, Donegal and Galway meet all of these criteria.
Our instructors bring a combined experience of decades in outdoor education and are qualified in their relevant disciplines bringing an enthusiasm that will help every group enjoy their visit to us.